Tribal Transportation Program (TTP)
The Tribal Transportation Program (TTP) is the largest program in the Office of Federal Lands Highway. Established in 23 U.S.C. 202 to address the transportation needs of Tribal governments throughout the United States, the program receives $450,000,000 annually to provide safe and adequate transportation and public road access to and within Indian reservations, Indian lands, and Alaska Native Village communities. A prime objective of the TTP is to contribute to the economic development, self-determination, and employment of Indians and Native Americans.
The Tribal Transportation Program is funded by contract authority from the Highway Trust Fund and is subject to the overall Federal-aid obligation limitation. Funds are allocated among Tribes using a new statutory formula based on tribal population, road mileage and average tribal shares of the former Tribal Transportation Allocation Methodology (TTAM) formula.
- See Federally Recognized Indian tribes listed in the Federal Register
- FY13 TTP Tribal Shares and Planning Funds (Acrobat, 126 KB)
- FY14 TTP Tribal Shares (Acrobat, 980 KB)
- See Estimated Tribal Shares for FY14-FY16 (Acrobat, 0.98 MB)
Look here frequently to find the latest information about the TTP such as MAP-21 updates, and the status of Continuing Resolutions (CRs); Tribal Share Allocation letters; Safety Fund Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs); press releases; webinars and other technical assistance; and updates to information such as 25CFR170, etc.
- Webinar on Section 1305 of MAP-21 and the National Online Dialogue (April 29, 2014)
The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) invite you to participate in the GRS-IBS Showcase event on Tuesday, April 22, 2014. Please register by April 16, 2014 for this free event.
Click here for more information (Acrobat, 177 KB)
- FY14 MAP-21 Control Panel (Acrobat, 12 KB)
- 25CFR170 Draft Update Information
- Tribal Shares and Planning Funds (Acrobat, 0.98 MB)
- Office of Inspector General Audit Report (Acrobat, 138 KB)
- FY14 Tribal Shares (Acrobat, 980 KB)
- Program Delivery Guide
- Safety Funds
- Bridge Program
- High Priority Projects
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
- Tribal Technical Assistance Program (TTAP)
- Every Day Counts Initiative (EDC)
- Coordinating Committee
- Contact Information